Our COVID-19 policies change periodically to adhere to state and federal guidelines. Please continue to monitor this page for updates.
For patients who have already had their vasectomy, please refer to our Semen Testing page to see our related COVID-19 policies and current testing schedule.
For patients with a scheduled appointment, if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days of your procedure, please call us to discuss your appointment. Symptoms include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, a new loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. If we need to reschedule your appointment, we will waive all cancellation fees, and we will provide you with an up-to-date insurance quote prior to your rescheduled appointment.
We will also confirm that you have not been exposed to any of the following environments in the two weeks leading up to your appointment date:
- Travel to any public place with gatherings of people outside of your home
- Exposure to anyone with COVID-19 or to anyone exhibiting its symptoms
- Use of public transportation (e.g., buses, planes, or trains)
- Exposure while indoors, without wearing a mask or face covering, to anyone outside of your immediate household
Negative Test or Vaccination Requirement:
We currently require all patients to be tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours of their appointment. Patients who have received the first dose of a vaccine at least two weeks prior to their appointment do not need to get tested. Proof of a negative test result, or vaccination, should be uploaded to our secure File Upload Portal. Alternatively, it may be presented to staff upon check-in. For those patients requiring a negative test, please ensure the test is taken within 72 hours and your results are available by your appointment time.
Free testing sites around Washington can be found here.
If you have any questions about this policy please give us a call. We can also help you identify suitable locations for testing. If you feel the above policy may be impractical or inapplicable to you, we may also make exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
When Visiting DrSnip for Your Appointment:
Be assured that we are keeping tabs on the potential spread of COVID-19. This includes daily screening of our staff for symptoms and following social distancing practices to protect our patients while they visit our clinic. These practices were implemented after consultation with our colleagues and in keeping with recommendations from the CDC. Please note the following procedures, which are evolving and may change prior to your visit:
- We are only seeing one patient at a time by appointment. This minimizes social contact between patients in the clinic.
- When you arrive for your appointment, give us a call at 206.525.4090 to check in with our receptionist. We will ask that you wait in your car prior to entering our Reception Room to help maintain social distancing.
- While you are in your car, we will complete a COVID-19 screening questionnaire and collect any fee quoted for your visit. Your receipt will be placed in your post vasectomy semen sample bag that you will receive at the end of your appointment. Please do not enter until our receptionist invites you into the clinic.
- Once you enter, we will ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer available at the front desk. We will also give you a new mask to wear for the duration of your visit. This is to protect you, other patients, and our personnel. We will then show you to a private room where your procedure will take place. We ask you to keep your mask on even when no one else is in the room.
Additional Social Distancing Guidelines
We strive to be good citizens and guardians of public health. These policies are temporary, and we are responding to events as they occur. We will change our response as needed while remaining focused on serving our patients and doing what is best for our community.
- We ask that you do not enter the clinic if you have developed a fever, cough, or symptoms characteristic of COVID-19 or have had exposure to persons suspected of having COVID-19 or its symptoms. Please stay home and call us to reschedule your appointment. This helps us protect and best serve all people in our clinic environment.
- When you enter the clinic, you should be alone. Drivers and family members are encouraged to relax in the car or otherwise occupy themselves during your visit. Laurelhurst Playfield is nearby, where they can take a walk or play outdoors. Ask that they be ready to pick you up in one hour or when you call them.
- If, despite our recommendations, it is important to you that your partner accompany you, she will be allowed to come into the procedure room and remain with you throughout your visit. No other individuals are permitted into the clinic. For example, if your wife and children accompany you and your wife plans to join you, please bring another adult to watch your children.
- If you have a serious or chronic health condition, please reschedule your appointment. Examples of such conditions include lung disease, heart disease, severe obesity, diabetes, and immunodeficiency. People with these conditions are cautioned to pay special attention to social distancing in the interest of protecting themselves.